PACKING FOR MYRTLE BEACH VACATION – MAKING YOUR LIST AND CHECKING IT TWICE:
7 THINGS YOU WON’T WANT TO FORGET TO PACK BEFORE HEADING TO THE BEACH
So you’re headed to Myrtle Beach for Spring Break and you just can’t wait to hear the sound of the ocean and feel the sand between your toes … but before you head out be sure you have everything you need so you can enjoy the beach without unnecessary trips to the store.
- Bathing Suite AND Beach Towel. So this goes without saying but if you live in a cold climate you may not realize that there is a pretty good chance that it will be warm enough (at least part of the day) to lay out in the sun. Besides, many of the resorts keep their outdoor pools heated! Take along your beach towel too – just in case they are not provided.
- Beach Chair and Blanket. Most resorts have services during the summer season that provide rentals, but most won’t start until sometime near Memorial Day and nobody wants to sit on the sand all day!
- Jacket or Sweatshirt. So there’s actually a pretty significant change in temperature once the sun goes down this time of year. You may have an 80 degree day which quickly turns into a 50 degree evening after sunset; and remember you are at the beach so it can often get quite breezy (a sweet relief in August, but maybe not so much this time of year).
- Sunscreen. It’s a must even this time of year. After months of long sleeves and pants you will want to reintroduce your skin to the sun slowly – contrary to popular belief you CAN get sunburn in the spring. Besides its just good protection from the UV rays at any time of year!
- Portable Phone Charger. Keep it charged as a backup. Nothing like having to walk back to the room to charge your phone after the battery wears down from listening to music all morning (not many USB ports on the beach).
- Snacks and Basic Food Staples. You may be hungry after you check in and want something to hold you over til someone goes out for groceries. Bring some basic staples from your own kitchen if you plan on cooking … saves you from having to spend so much on groceries.
- First Aid Kit/Medicine. Just your basic kit PLUS sunburn aid and after sun lotion. Don’t forget ibuprofen and allergy/sinus tablets in case you need them too.
Take a few minutes to think about what you might need before packing up and heading out. It will save you a lot of time, money and stress once you get to the beach. And who needs stress when you are on vacation … oh yeah and if you haven’t already booked your place for the week give Prista a call and let us help take the stress out of figuring out where to stay. You focus on packing up and getting to the beach – we will focus on helping you plan a Better Myrtle Beach Vacation!